For our 10 year anniversary, we’d like to share some things we’ve learned about how breaking makes life seem easier and how life and breaking are similar.
1.) Breaking makes life seam easier
We have all heard that “breaking ain't easy”, and that's because it is not! Not at all! Breaking is the hardest thing I've done. It makes everything else EASY.
I've worked my whole life at it (14 years) and I still wouldn't consider myself a great bboy. It is a life long learning process. I know that if I keep pushing, keep focusing, keep having fun, keep training day after day, keep going to workshops and linking up with great bboys and picking their brain, and continuing to immerse myself in this culture, I'll continue to improve and grow. What's great about this method?
YOU CAN IMPROVE AND GROW AT ANYTHING YOU APPLY THIS METHOD TO AND NOTHING IS AS HARD AS BREAKING.
Do you want to play guitar? Start a business? Speak another language? Talk to more girls? Do good in school?
Well then you've already got it figured out! Apply HOW you've learned breaking, to that other activity and you'll be a superstar at it in to time!
2.) 10 ways breaking and life are similar
- It’s doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. - Confucius
- Grab inspiration from everywhere.
- Only stick around with people that lift you.
- Find mentors that are doing what you want to do, and learn from them.
- Contribute back to the communities that give to you.
- Don’t worry about being the best, just be the best you can be by being a little better than you were yesterday.
- If you have a solid foundation, everything else will be build built on solid ground.
- Practice gratitude and everything will be easier.
- Stay healthy, it makes everything easier.
- Don’t be afraid to do something different.